I'm back but where have I been?

Warframe
Warframe

Wow, so I haven't posted anything here on the blog for quite some time now. What have I been up to since March 2019?

Well besides real-life (work and family) keeping me busy, the failing of Battlefield V really pissed me off ($80 down the toilet). Cheaters basically took over the game on PC and the developers did not do much, if anything at all about it, so to not add additional stress to my life I stopped playing BFV and uninstalled it.

2019

Over the rest of 2019 I started playing Warframe while also occasionally playing some of the previous Battlefield games. I remember I initially played Warframe way back in 2013 when it first came out (I have Steam achievements to prove it, LOL), but I think I got bored of it and stopped playing it then.

2020

In 2020, while trying to stay corona-free, I mainly played Warframe with some friends while also playing Apex Legends solo and a few other random games.

2021

Now in 2021, I stopped playing Apex Legends for now, as I got bored of it and felt like players who play for free don't really have any incentive to play, as the battle pass doesn't give much of anything to free players, but I understand that the battle pass is not for free players anyways and the game needs to make a profit. Also I'm a big stats guy, and the game doesn't even track individual weapon stats. Yes the game tracks stats by weapon type (all sniper rifles stats are combined, etc) but players want to see their stats for each weapon.

So I have been itching to play an FPS game while waiting for the next Battlefield game to be released. I recently gave in to a sale and bought Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War and I have been playing it a few nights a week. I occasionally try Call of Duty: Warzone as well but I always seem to die right away in those rounds (LOL). I've always enjoyed the Call of Duty gunplay, the sounds, and the feel and look of the weapons. I have enjoyed Cold War so far, with some frustrations at times, but this will have to do while I wait for the new BF game later this year. I usually don't play sniper in Battlefield games, except to master the sniper rifles, but sniping in Cold War feels good and fun.

YouTube

I posted a new video on my YouTube channel last week, with some Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War gameplay using the FFAR, which you can check out below. I am going to try to post more videos on my channel and also post more on this blog. Stay tuned!

Battlefield Player Tries Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - FFAR Gameplay (PC)