Top 10 best zombie games

A friend of mine asked me what my favorite zombie games were and I had to think about it because there are lot of zombie games out there. My top two picks may be nostalgia picks but hey it's my list and you can check it out below. Tell me what your top 10 best zombie games are.


My top 10 best zombie game list

Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation) Resident Evil 3 (PlayStation) State of Decay 2
  1. Resident Evil 2 - The original PlayStation version of the game
    -I haven't played the RE2 2019 remake yet but I did watch a walkthrough on YouTube and I definitely recommend it
  2. Resident Evil 3 - The original PlayStation version of the game
    -I haven't played the RE3 2020 remake but I did watch a walkthrough on YouYube and if you like the original game I cannot recommend the remake as they cut out a lot of content from it
  3. State of Decay 2 - The game is still getting fixes and updates!
  4. Left 4 Dead 2 - A classic, maybe the most well-known zombie game
  5. Dead Rising 4 - The Dead Rising hardcore players are not going to like this but I really did enjoy DR4 more than the previous ones as it was a lot of fun for me. I did play the first and second Dead Rising games but I did not finish them. I was also not a fan of the timer they have in those games.
  6. State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition - This game does have its issues but I found it fun and challenging
  7. 7 Days to Die - Lots of options to build your base and then face horde night
  8. World War Z - You and your squad vs fast moving zombies
  9. Dead Island - This game does have its issues, but I am looking forward to the new one coming next year
  10. Zombie Army 4: Dead War - All of the DLCs and their price really kill this game

Games I did not include in my list because I haven't played them

  • Telltale Games The Walking Dead
  • Days Gone
  • Dying Light 1 and 2
  • Project Zomboid
  • Back 4 Blood
  • DayZ
  • The Last of Us (I don't consider this game a zombie game as some do)

What about you? What are your favorite zombie games?