Early thoughts on Battlefield 2042

Those who are part of the EA Creator Network got to play the three modes of Battlefield 2042 this week and today they posted their videos on YouTube. A lot showed gameplay but didn't seem to give much feedback about the actual game besides saying that they liked it and had fun, but there were some that gave their actual opinions and constructive criticism, wanting to better the game. I commend those that did.

Here are a few first impression videos by YouTubers who give their actual thoughts about the game.

So far, I do not recommend: Battlefield 2042 (Review In-Progress) by Skill Up

Video description: Battlefield is a game that is trying to cater to its existing audience while welcoming in a new one. Rather than intelligently updating its core formula, it seems to simply split itself into thirds and hope that something sticks. Portal definitely does. The rest? I'm not so sure.


Should you buy Battlefield 2042? by Silk

Video description: After about 15 hours of the full release of Battlefield 2042, I can HONESTLY tell you whether or not the game is worth your money.

I gained a lot of respect for Silk with this comment he made at the end of his video: "I care too much about Battlefield to not speak my mind. You're not a real fan if you shill out to an undeserving product. You're a real fan if you provide the criticism and have the franchise's best interest in mind. This could be our last chance at Battlefield. If this game flops I don't know if there will be another one."


Battlefield 2042 Is Fun BUT Needs Work by TheTacticalBrit

Video description: Battlefield 2042 is here with All Out Warfare, Hazard Zone and Portal, it is a lot of fun but I think it needs more work.