Call of Duty's Operation Monarch is a disappointment

Call of Duty Operation Monarch - Godzilla vs King Kong

So I don't play Call of Duty Warzone much at all but I was excited to give it a try when I heard about the Operation Monarch event which would be featuring Godzilla vs King Kong (please pay close attention to "vs" as this is what Call of Duty used in their marketing material), which came out today.

I have tried to log into Warzone to see it for myself, but it appears the battle.net servers are experiencing a DDOS attack so I went on YouTube to check what the Operation Monarch event looks like and how it plays out, hoping for some Godzilla vs King Kong action. And well... the only thing I got was disappointment... we don't get anything like a Godzilla vs King Kong fight at all.

I think streamer StoneMountain64 said it best in his shorts video, watch it below.

Godzilla vs Kong wasn't exactly that... (by StoneMountain64)


So as StoneMountain64 says, Godzilla and King Kong don't even fight each other in this event. I also fully agree with the last comment in that video which is, this event is ass!

I was looking at the comments of the mode overview video that Call of Duty put out on YouTube and I have to agree with the people saying that this event would have been better suited for the 50 vs 50 TDM mode. Imagine, two teams of 50, you're either placed on Team Godzilla or Team Kong and you fight each other plus these giants. I think that would have been a lot more fun that what they have right now. What a disappointment. Have you tried playing the event's mode? If so what do you think of it?

GameSpot posted a video of a full round in this new event so you can see how it plays out, which you can watch below.

Fighting King Kong And Godzilla In Warzone - Gameplay (by GameSpot)