Gaming nostalgia: Old games I want remade today

I have been wanting to start a "Gaming Nostalgia" section on my blog for some time and I'm finally doing it. It won't be a section on the website, but I'll be writing blog posts, tagged with "Gaming Nostalgia" - with posts talking about older games, games I grew up playing, maybe including some walkthrough videos and pictures and check if there is anything going on today with their IP.

So a little background about me. I started gaming on classic Nintendo, then on Sega Genesis, then there was PlayStation 1, and then PlayStation 2. These "Gaming Nostalgia" blog posts will be about games from the years those consoles were available.

Old gaming consoles: classic Nintendo, Sega Genesis, PlayStation 1, and PlayStation 2

Can old games make a comeback?

This blog post is my first post tagged for Gaming Nostalgia and in this post I'm going to talk about old games I played that I want to see remade today. Just imagine seeing your favorite old games being remade and running on today's tech/engines and with today's graphics. Below is my list of games I want to see remade today, listed in alphabetical order, along with the console I played it on.

Games I want remade today

  • Alien 3 (Sega Genesis)
  • Black (PS2)
  • Dino Crisis (PS1)
  • Freedom Fighters (PS2)
  • Mercenaries (PS2)
  • Red Faction (PS2)
  • Road Rash series (I played Road Rash 3 on Sega Genesis; I played one of the older ones on my cousin's Super Nintendo)
  • Strike games: Urban Strike / Jungle Strike / Desert Strike (Sega Genesis)
  • Syphon Filter (PS1)
  • Twisted Metal (PS1)
  • Urban Chaos (PS1)
  • X-Men (Sega Genesis)

Other IPs I want to see a game created for

  • G.I. Joe - There was G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout that came out in 2020 but it has mixed reviews on Steam and from the videos I watched on YouTube, I wasn't impressed. If you're interested, I would check out GamingBolt's review. I would love to see what a more FPS experienced studio could do with the G.I. Joe IP.
  • Predator / Aliens vs Predator - There have been Predator and Aliens vs Predator games created but I'm hoping a more polished game comes out at some point.

More nostalgia posts coming in the future

In future Gaming Nostalgia blog posts I'm going to take a look back at some of the games mentioned in this post.

Do you have any games you would want to see remade or remastered on today's tech? Please leave a comment here or on Twitter and let me know.